The Flights


Advertisement
Asia
January 31st 2009
Published: February 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well... we made it to our lovely hotel, Citadines Soi8 on Sukhumvit. It was all a suprisingly easy experience too!


Our flight was just about on time and we made extensive use of the free booze in the executive lounge at Birmingham whilst we waited. Adam had a splurge on the "win a luxury car" stand on our way to the departure gate. (fingers crossed!)

First flight to dubai fairly uneventful. Emirates usual good standard, nice food and plenty of free booze. Bit miffed that they didnt feed me the tea and biscuits before arrival. i had my "wake me for food" sticker on the seat too!!

Arrived at dubai, new terminal was huge and we had to walk miles to get the connecting flight's gate. We stopped off en route at the executive lounge - this time not for booze but for some breakfast!

Flight from Dubai to Bangkok was better, facilities wise anyway. It was a 777-300 so had the full entertainment system - 500 channels to watch! Adam stuck to Top Gear and the likes, whilst i fell asleep mid way through whatever i chose to watch. Food good quality, didnt drink any booze this time though - 10am too early for me, even if we are on holiday!

Arrived in Bangkok and after walking for what seemed like ages, made it to immigration. Easy and painless, flew through and collected our bags. We accosted by the "limosine" service ladies telling us it would cost 1100bht to get to Sukhumvit, luckily i had read up on Tripadvisor about them, so we carried on by and went to the offical taxi rank outside.

Only 30mins or so later we were dropped off on Soi 8 (at the wrong hotel) and it cost 400bht. We walked down the road in the direction we were told our hotel was in, and en route we were picked up by our hotels tuk tuk service.

Hotel check in smooth process. Studio room reallly modern and spacious. Large double bed, sofa and kitchenette. diving retractable wall to make it separate bedroom/lounge should it be required. Excellent value at about 35quid a night.

Well thats all for now, have to sign off til tomorrow, im getting grumpy looks from Adam. More tales of our adventures in Bangkok coming soon!











Advertisement



2nd February 2009

You beat the weather
Good job you went when you did, so far we have the perfect snowman making weather! about 5 inch of snow has fallen with more expected overnight! Heathrow and Leeds airports have been closed for some time today!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb