The Night Life here in Stung Treng


Advertisement
Asia
November 7th 2008
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Everything's so bloody chirpy after midnight around here.

There are the circadas of course who are always partying on. Then out come the rodents that they don't want trapped behind double walls but are free to scrabble about in the roof space. Insomniac nuns and monks are chanting their way to Nirvana, and are about to earn a Sicilian Contract instead, complete with free concrete sandals.

Drunk locals cram into the one karaoke bar come brothel (which like the pagoda just happens to be within walking, or stumbling distance from here. I should know, having been a patron in the past ....to the bar, not the pagoda. I'm not "getting religion" if that's what you're worried about).

The dogs are the worst offenders though. Something unknown to me sets the town's canine population to howling around 2am. I'm actually glad to hear of the rise in pet theft to provide 'warming' food to the country dwellers at this time of year!

As there seems to a temporary lull in the cacophy, I'll try to sleep now Or just fake it.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb