Wednesday


Advertisement
Asia
October 1st 2008
Published: October 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

JoeyJoeyJoey

Joey and Michelle. Michelle is from Georgia
Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Our trip is a little over half finished. Everyone remains healthy but tired. So far we have given out 8 boxes of Bibles (200 Bibles or 2000 people who will read it). We have worked in the slums and have done multiple prayer walks all over. We learned today that this city is the largest city in the world for prostitution. It is illegal here but they turn a blind eye to it, in order to save face. Prostitution is considered a disgrace to the family. It is also very blatant and in broad daylight. This city is very dark and you can feel the evil all over. As I walk through the city I can not help but to wonder what God is thinking. So many people living here without any clue to what is right or wrong. They only care about the here and now. This city reminds me of what the earth must have been like during the time of Noah.

Today we visited the Tamar Center. This place is serving a great need. It is taking the prostitutes off the streets and teaching them a skill. It is truly wonderful what
P&WP&WP&W

Praise and Worship at the Tamar Center
they are doing and what they are providing. The girls that come through it are truly given a second chance at life. Just like God gives us when we accept him into our lives.

Please enjoy the pictures; I hope they help you understand the great need over here. I know they do not tell the whole story but I hope they will shed some light.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

TempleTemple
Temple

Chinese Temple
TempleTemple
Temple

Mountain outside of the temple
TamarTamar
Tamar

Making cards at the Tamar Center
AprilApril
April

Joey and April on the third floor of the temple


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb