Updates from Thailand


Advertisement
Asia
September 29th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sa wat dii = Hello

We have arrived at our destination. After leaving WHBC at 07:00 Thursday morning we arrived at our hotel around 03:30 Saturday morning. Where did Friday go? As of this posting we will have already meet with Tim, started prayer walks and will have gone to a distribution site. We have been told that our target population is significantly down due to the political issues in this region of the world. However last night was a very successful one for another team.

The weather here is partly cloudy, very warm (80’s) and very humid. There is 11 hours time difference between home and here.

We have already met a team from Georgia and they did offer to help us out by marring off Joey. They have a 12 year old girl with them. This is starting to become a joke around here and Joey is dealing well with it although he looks very embarrassed.

Each of us on our team has felt a very dark sinister presence here. It is very hard to describe but very obvious. It will take the support of each other to get through this week, and the prayers from home certainly help. Ephesians 6:10 - 20 prepares us well, we wearing “The Whole Armor of God”. We have already seen and felt the presence of Satan and it is strong.

Attached should be pictures of the surrounding area. We will try to keep this blog as updated as possible; please do not panic if you not hear from us everyday.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb