Taiwan Part 13- Sun Moon Lake


Advertisement
Asia
July 22nd 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Seems like we have settled into life here in Taiwan, that we had forgotten that we are still visitors to this island and that there was still much to see. After a few weekends of heading into Taipei and not doing too much, we decided that we need a good ol' adventure and some fresh air. We decided to check out Sun Moon Lake located in the center of Taiwan. "Surrounded by green mountains, Sun Moon Lake is the pearl of Central Taiwan. Sun Moon Lake is the largest natural lake in Taiwan. The Eastern part of the lake is round like the sun, while the Western part is shaped like a crescent moon - hence the name "Sun Moon Lake". (http://www.traveltaiwan.com/e/g3.htm)

We got up early and made our way their via the High Speed Train and a Bus.
We weren't too sure what to do once we got there, so our first stop was the tourist information building to get some maps and get a game plan. After this we followed the group of other (more seemingly aware) tourists down to the main harbor. We were hungry and looking for a boat tour. To our convenience a place on the harbor
Sun Moon LakeSun Moon LakeSun Moon Lake

The worlds smallest island.
offered both. We ate some great food and went on the boat tour around the harbor, that stopped at all the major spots too see, including the world's smallest island! We finished all this around 4pm and were looking for more to do. We were going to head to the Aboriginal Theme park that was just a few min. away, but being Taiwan rainy season it began to start pouring rain. Seeking refuge at the local Starbucks we decided we had a good Afternoon and to call it a day. Heading back to Taipei we had the tour bus all to ourselves! It was nice taking the bus back because it went through the mountains and the scenery was spectacular!

My Dad and Brother are now here in Taiwan and its nice to show them around, and see how much I have actually learned about Taiwan and its culture. I also have a much needed vacation! So from here my family and I will travel to Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand on a two week adventure!

So stay tuned for more blogs!
Till Next Time...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Sun Moon LakeSun Moon Lake
Sun Moon Lake

"Taiwan - Touch your Heart"


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb