Laos to China


Advertisement
Asia
October 16th 2005
Published: October 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Laos is just beautiful. Quiet friendly people who practice Buddhism, live simply, work hard and require very little. Siddarthas wherever you look. We landed in Vientien and flew to Luag Probang where the countryside is lush and green along the Mekong River. Walked thru a riverside village of huts and ken sampled the local rice wine ... fool. Took a boat ride up the river to a Buddhist cave and climbed 100 steps to the inner temple and home of 2000 buddhist statues and even more bats. Went to the night market where we found the women to be shy and peaceful without pushing their wares as in so many other marketplaces. We bargained ...part of the fun...for a fantastic quilt. Took a motor rickshaw back to the hotel. Ken paid the piper or I should say, the Travelers Revenge demon all night, undoubtedly due to the village wine. Today he's practicing Ramadam! We flew to Vientien this a.m. and saw one too many temples. We are bushed from lack of sleep all night last night. ken is resting and I'm about to do the same. Tomorrow we head to Xi-an China.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb