India to Cambodia


Advertisement
Asia
October 11th 2005
Published: October 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Udaipur India is a bussling city with 7 lakes all connected by canals. They were all empty a month ago due to drout but in this past month they got 17" rain and all is green and lush. It's a festival and all are dancing with sticks. Happy for the holiday and the plentiful rainfall. We have seen a mogul palace, even had dinner in their main room last night with drummers, bowl players (like assorted bells at Christmas and a sitaar) fantastic. We had a boat ride on Lake Pochlet just next to our hotel and saw some of the old city. Took a ride into the countryside to find a warehouse of wooden doors and elephants from palaces, bronzes, and marble tables, all sorts of amazing arts and crafts. They can do these small fine paintings with one or two bristles per brush which takes them only a week and can be 18x24" or as small as 2x3"! Everyone is quite friendly and gentle. We are near Pakistan but cannot see any signs of the earthquake from Islamibad . It's 85 degrees and perfect tho at miday that Indian sun can be intense. The roads are narrow and congested with everything traveling on them. Everyone goes fast, honks and preys they will not die today. Cows are everywhere with bells on and some even ride on their backs. The colors of the women in their sori's are un believeable...every color in the rainbow. And it seems most have a smile on their faces tho you can see life is not easy. India is the land of senses...all being very alive 24/7! We go to Angkor Wat Cambodia tomorrow for 3 days and we are excited about that new site. Till later...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.326s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb