Day 14 - Last day in China


Advertisement
Asia
February 8th 2007
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We went to Ocean Park in Hong Kong today to try to see the pandas. Unfortunately they are rebuilding the panda house and the pandas have temporarily been moved. We did see where the pandas will be, but that’s about as close to seeing them as we came. We did see a variety of other animals including macaws, toucan, iguanas, dolphins (not pink ones though), see lions, and sharks. The park was divided into a lower area and an upper area, which were connected by a gondola. The gondola brought us up over a small mountain peak and offered extraordinary views of the harbor.

We then took a brief (3-4 minute) boat ride to the Jumbo Floating Restaurant - a very large and rather flamboyant boat shaped restaurant that sits in the middle of the harbor. The food was great, although there was some groans around the table when the chicken came with its head still attached.

Hannah has taken a likely to walking around holding someone’s (anyone’s) hand, and tries to stomp on everything she sees. We think she’s trying to kill anything that moves so she can eat it - her appetite is voracious. Jake, Nick, and Zach are really enjoying the warm weather here (it was in the high 80’s and sunny all day today), and are thinking that it might not be so bad if our plane gets delayed a month or two. Nonetheless, we are all looking forward to getting home tomorrow and settling into our usual routine. The trip has been great in all aspects, but it is time to come home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



8th February 2007

Hello
HI again I hope you had a relaxing time in China because everyone here wants to see Hannah. And Jake I wanna know how the fried tarancula tasted. Spinmaster Flex
9th February 2007

so excited!
We are so excited to visit you guys when you come home!! Hannah is beautiful and sounds like a sweetheart! see u soon!!! can't wait!!
9th February 2007

can't wait!!
Hannah is so adorable and i canNOT wait to meet her!! she sounds like so much fun!! the places u have visited r unbelievable and the memories of the trip will be fabulous!! i can't wait to see u and meet Hannah!!! See u soon!!!
9th February 2007

See you on Tuesday
What an awesome trip! I tried sending two messages earlier, but they didnt get through. See you on tuesday (I won't be in school on Monday).
9th February 2007

Hi Nick ,Zack and Hannah Welcome back to America. from Ethan
9th February 2007

Hong Kong
Glad you liked HK. Having lived there, I concur that it is different than almost anyplace in the world. It has grown significantly since we left in 94. Sounds like the whole trip was great, certainly a great experience for the boys. Looking forward to meeting Hannah. Have a safe trip home. PS We eat tarantulas and scorpions all the time in Hingham, you must be shopping at the wrong stores
10th February 2007

Welcome Home!!!
Welcome home and we can't to see all of you!!!!! Love, Scherrie and Rich
12th February 2007

Congratulations Hannah is beautiful !!! The boys are so grown up now. Enjoyed your whole journey see you at Maryann's one of these days.

Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb