Art of Coffee


Advertisement
Asia » Vietnam
October 14th 2016
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 11.7501, 108.377Vietnam's most welcome surprise has been its coffee - while we've been fans of Vietnamese iced coffee forever, it's not something we crave on a regular basis. Once every couple of months or so is enough to satiate our thirst for the stuff, which is a far cry for the daily hankerings we've been having since sampling our first ca phe sua da in HCMC. Vietnamese ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Vietnamese Won Tons ...Vietnamese Won Tons ...
Vietnamese Won Tons ...

... tasty and quite similar to the Chinese version, and topped with some sliced lean pork and fried pork rind. Interesting to see the Chinese-style fried donuts that were provided for dipping into the luscious broth.
Guoc Ha Thanh ...Guoc Ha Thanh ...
Guoc Ha Thanh ...

... the best part of dinner here was actually the drinks, the typical chilled coconut and an excellent, pulpy passion fruit juice.
Disappointing Hot Pot ...Disappointing Hot Pot ...
Disappointing Hot Pot ...

... there was nothing memorable about the hot pot tonight, and we were a little surprised that it was so plain - the broth wasn't as dynamic as you would expect in Vietnam, and for dipping the cooked meats and vegetables, we were only given some soy sauce. Maybe this is typical in Vietnam, but we just felt like the entire experience was a bit lacking.
Dalat Wine ...Dalat Wine ...
Dalat Wine ...

... who knew Vietnam produced wine? We simply had to try a bottle of the white, which was decent, but nothing overly impressive. I found it had a similar quality to Georgian wine - smooth and drinkable, seemingly more made for guzzling than slow sipping!
Cheesy Funk ...Cheesy Funk ...
Cheesy Funk ...

... these fried silk worms were kind of gross, having a weird, lingering funkiness to them. The texture wasn't appealing like the crickets, kind of chewy on the outside, and gooey on the inside. Though I tried, water and candy was not enough to get rid of the nasty taste.



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb