what have we been up to?


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
July 26th 2004
Published: July 26th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Hey! Ambika here! Well, i guess it is my job to let you guys know what we have been up to (hence the title)- so here it goes!
We had an amazing trek in Dalat! The first day was pretty rough but we got there in the end! Sleeping in hammocks  didn't provide us with the sleep we needed but we managed! The second day was a lot more enjoyable as this was downhill in the jungle! It was really fun watching people slip and fall on their backsides- none of us are hurt though- we just had really muddy trousers at the end of it!
After two days of trekking we showered at the minihotel we were staying at the previous night, and had a five hour bus journey to nha trang with our leader emma delighting us AGAIN with "Vietnam! Ho Chi Minh Munam Munam!" She keeps learning more words to it and now it is stuck in all of our heads! ! We celebrated nicki's birthday with a meal and spent over the budget as a special treat! Emma handed leader to me for the next few days- the team is in trouble!
We then took an overnight train to da nang- not a lot of us sleeping on this either! We then took a minibus to Hoi An and searched around for suitable accomodation- we have been really lucky and have found a great place with a  swimming pool! It's three dollars a night! The whole team is thrilled! We are able to properly relax and sleep here so that we feel refreshed and energised for the main trek!
We had a nice evening meal and Abbie and Sal bought some really cool silk dresses for ten US dollars- we will probably buy them tommorow on our free day!
Bye everyone!
 

Advertisement



26th July 2004

Glad to hear the trek went well. Good luck for the longer one! We're all thinking of you- enjoy the pool! we've sure been using ours a lot in this glorious weather. hohoho.

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb