Harry and the Money Shower


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
December 15th 2014
Published: December 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Harry Harry Harry.... A gorgeous, beautiful boy no doubt about that. A serial loser of things. School bags left on trains... iPhones dropped from balconies at school.... Sports bags left on buses... Oh yes... I could go on forever. Harry has invested in a brand new iPhone 6 before we left on holiday. He paid for it himself, from his own savings so I cannot say much about the folly of a 14 year old boy who has a history of losing things to have such a flash phone. (Better than my phone!) We are taking bets on how long this phone is going to survive. I bought harry a special belt with an expandable Lycra pouch in it to keep his phone safe on holidays. We have been warned about flashing phones around vietnam as they are often pinched by people on motorbikes zooming past. Harry decides that it would be a good idea to also stuff his phone pouch with wads of Vietnamese dong and Australian dollars. Imagine, being on a bus full of people, on the Tarmac of the airport in Nha Trang. Picture the bus doors opening on to the airfield where we have been ferried to board the plane. Wind swirls around us as the doors open and I hear a Collective gasp... Gasps in all different languages as people watch a shower of money swirl around the bus. Oh my god!!! Whose money is floating everywhere in the bus??? Harry's money of course. The doors are open and if he had taken one more step... There would have been money flying all over the airfield... I picture a scrum of people trying to pick it up for him. Harry has sprung a leak from the zipper of his pouch after stuffing it full of money and it's raining down everywhere. Oh dear...... He gets a lecture but you can tell he feels bad enough already. Lesson learned?? Maybe? After leaving his phone at the screening station in the airport .... The phone has lived to tell the tale.... So far......


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

imageimage
image

The Money Bus


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb