Monday


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
August 1st 2014
Published: August 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Monday we hired bikes and headed for the beach. It's about a 15 minute ride away. It was A cooler day but still sunny and ithe ride was pretty flat all the way. We had to park our bikes at the bike park and had to pay 5,000 Dong for the pleasure, which is about 25c. We walked up the street to the lovely long beach complete with palm trees.



We decided to opt for sun loungers which cost us just over a dollar each to hire for the day. So we lay in the shade (and still managed to get tan lines!) and had a swim in the sea, which was quite shallow for quiet a way and a lovely turquoise colour and quite warm too!



Later we had some lunch where I bumped into Ellie who I had met in HCMC. She had made her way there via the public bus service. We had a quick chat and then I rejoined the girls and she continued her lunch with the girls she was with.



After food we headed back to the loungers, but we could hear the thunder in the distance and the dark clouds were coming in so we decided it was time to head back before we got caught in the rain. We did get one or two drops on us But managed to avoid a small light rain shower.



We got back, had showers and headed to the tailors. Lindsay's dress was finished and she is a very happy and relived bunny lol. I went for my second dress fitting for the 2 dresses I originally ordered and the fitting for the 3rd dress I had had made!



Later we went out for tea at a Vietnamese place had some cheap and cheerful food and had an early night.



Xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb