Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

To get to Nha Trang, we decided to take the train as we read that it was faster and more comfortable than the bus! It cost us double but the journey was a lot more enjoyable. We were given a small compartment with beds where we had a nice sleep to begin with as were up at 430 am! None of the staff seemed to speak English so we were worried that we wouldn't know when to get off the train but when we were close to our stop they al popped in one by one to let us know that we were near Nha Trang which was really nice. The scenery through the countryside was beautiful. Very green with very few houses in sight.

As we approached Nha Trang, the weather didn't seem very good! This was meant to be our relaxation time for a few days, chilling out by the beach and enjoying the water park! We got a lot of water during our stay in Nha Trang - Rain, Rain and more Rain!!!

As soon as we got to our hotel, which was very nice, we went to a restaurant called Lanterns. The people here are really friendly and taught us a few Vietnamese words. I read that they have lots of connections with the community and help to provide food for the local people and orphanages. They even did trips for people to go and visit the orphanages to help out. I really wanted to go but we didn't end up having time which is sad. Maybe another day when we come back to Nha Trang in the sunshine!

Our first night, we decided to go to the cinema to see Free Birds 3D as there wasn't much on. The cinema was a lot more high tech than I thought it would be and their 3D glasses were much better than the ones you find in English cinemas as they used re-useable ones.

The next morning, we decided to go to the beach. It wasn't cold but it was cloudy. The beach is very pretty, surrounded by palm trees and islands are visible in the distance. The waves were HUGE! Stu ran in and was being thrown everywhere by the waves but he loved it! I walked in for a little bit but as soon as a wave knocked me off my feet I thought the waves were a bit strong for me. At this point, a huge wave came in and soaked our bag! Lucky we had all our stuff in a dry bag that kept everything waterproof! Then the rain came. Stu decided to carry on swimming whilst I sheltered under my towel!

We then went to place called Louisiana Brewery that makes their own beers. Unfortunately, because it is the low season they only seemed to have a minimal selection (along with the rest of Nha Trang!). The beer I tried, passion fruit flavour, was very nice but pricey so I tried to make sure it lasted me while I read my book, escaping from the rain!

As the weather didn't seem to be changing we decided to leave Nha Trang to go to Hoi An as there wasn't much we could do, apart from eat ice cream, in the wet weather. We can imagine that during the dry season, when it has glorious sunshine, that Nha Trang is a great place to be. Unfortunately, we timed our stay during the rainy season therefore we couldn't get involved in the usual beach activities!

I hope Hoi An is going to be less wet as I heard there were floods there last week. Fingers crossed!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement













Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb