Phu Quoc -next stop Singapore


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
April 26th 2010
Published: April 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Harbour The Harbour The Harbour

Guess what the main industry is?
Phu Quoc-idyllic , undeveloped and very hot!
As you see from the photographs there are a lot of fishing boats and the market is (like the one in Hoi An) a thriving ,living thing-why can't they be like this at home?
We are staying in a very nice hotel , but you go down a bumpy unmade track to reach it, and many of the roads around the island are like the one in the picture , with fisherman's huts (corrugated iron and plastic webbed sheeting ) backing straight onto the sea.
The airport is tiny with the shortest luggage carousel I have ever seen, but right now a new international airport is being built to the east and it won't be staying a backwater for much longer.
We've done little here apart from slonk around -there's a tiny restaurant just up from where we're staying and they display fresh fish and salads outside each night next to the glowing embers of their barbecue-I'm afraid its too tempting a combination to resist-hard to spend more than 350,000 Dong (around twelve pounds) -it's a real treat.
The beach shot with the boat is on the east of the island -here the sea
The sea , the seaThe sea , the seaThe sea , the sea

Perfect -just perfect!
is a little rougher , and probably all the more pleasant for it. You can walk straight in without any hesitation -the temperature of the water is at or close to body temperature-if I have a complaint it could do with being slightly cooler -but hey ho!!
Set off back tomorrow -into Singapore at 4.00pm their time and fly out at around 10.00pm-planning a pre-emptive strike on Raffles on the way through as we'll probably never get back there again.

Hope the blog hasn't been to boring -see you all in a couple of days.
Lynn and Rob
xxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The roadsThe roads
The roads

red dirt track-but not for long
SunsetSunset
Sunset

On a sloping sea
See you soonSee you soon
See you soon

And its goodbye from us...


Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb