Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
July 11th 2009
Published: July 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a 10 hour train journey (daytime) we arrived in Nha Trang - tired and hungry. Our hotel has a big pool and we are pretty close to the beach so that's great. Second day in Nha Trang and we went on a boat trip. Stopped at a fishing village and then took Bamboo boats back to out boat (pic will make it clear what I mean). We stopped off for some swimming and snorkeling. My snorkel was rubbish and kept letting water in and also hurt my mouth so didn't snorkel much - just a little around the coral. We had a lovely lunch on board and then stopped at an island to chill out for thre afternoon. It was very lovely but very busy so quite noisy. Treated myself to a manicure and a massage so feeling very chilled out now. We are headed to a local seafood restaurant on the beach for dinner tonight (Huy's recommendation so have high hopes of a good feed). I think I will have to do some lengths in the pool tomorrow!!

Tomorrow we have the day in Nha Trang to chill out before we catch the overnight train to Ho Chi Minh city for the last bit of our trip - my time in Vietnam is nearly over, went by so fast!

Both in Hoi An and Nha Trang we have noticed that the women cover up from head to toe - they wear masks and also gloves - this is despite the heat - temps were 36 when we were in Hoi An. They do this to avoid tanning - such a sharp contrast to all the tourists walking around trying to cath as many rays as possible.

Second day in Nha Trang and we went to see the Big Buddha - that was built to honour the monks who self immolated in protest of the government clamp down on religion. We spent some time at the pagoda watching the monks and nuns pray. We then visited the Champa Temple - the oldest in Vietnam. We also had the opportunity to watch some traditional dancing at the temple. After out cultural visits we went to the Mud Baths or as Huy says Mud But. That was an experience. All 11 of us in one giant tub like thing with what looked like muddy water being pumped in!! It was fun though - after showers and a swim we were ready to head back to the hotel, have a couple of drinks and food to get ready for the overnight train journey to Ho Chi Minh City.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.283s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0908s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb