Last Stop in South East Asia... Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
April 28th 2009
Published: May 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This is just a quick blog today as I’m a little behind and trying to catch you all up!

Hanoi is the last place I visited before leaving Vietnam a couple of weeks ago. I took me a few days to figure it out but once you get your bearings it was nice. There’s not a whole lot to do within the immediate vicinity but it’s still definitely worth a couple of days on any visit to Vietnam.

Like any major city in South East Asia it has the usual one million motor bikes racing around and everything you can think of is done right there and then on the streets. The locals eat, live and work in the same ‘house/shop’ if they are lucky enough to have one and one way or another they all seem to spill out over into the streets.
The “Water Puppet” show is good fun. It only goes for an hour but well worth the effort. They run a couple of shows every night and its usually pretty busy so go early to get a ticket. Water puppetry (so I’m told anyway) is a traditional form of theatre in Vietnam. Apparently this show has been all over the world and some of the things they do are amazing as its all done by hand with poles underwater.

I also ran into another mate called Adam who I met down south. We had a few good nights out on the town and swapped the tradit


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.384s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb