Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
November 4th 2007
Published: November 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Caught a boiler bus to Nha Trang. It took 11 hours when we thought it would be 6 and they also stopped at this beautiful beach resort along the way. We considered staying but considering what little time we have left in Asia we needed to get a move on. Sure we read Nha Trang was a great beach resort which diving and all. We didnt count on the weather!!

We were in nha trang for 4 days and it rained for 4 days solid. We tried leaving after 2 days as there isnt much to do when its raining at a beach resort but the next city was totally flooded. Brilliant planning by us as usual. So we just done the drinking and scoffing our faces thing as usual and were catching a flight up to Hanoi were the weather is suppose to be a bit better. The thing is Vietnam is so long that there are 3 different seasons at any one time. Sure we werent complaing as we have had 2 months of great weather anyway, so 4 days wasnt that bad...

The only thing we done remotely interesting was go to the mud baths in the local spa. They were a bit on the disgusting(lack of hygiene) though aside from the fact they pour mud over you which i cant understand anyway.

So ended up catching a 1 hour flight to Hanoi up north the next day. Getting to the airport was a bit dodgy. The road leading to it was a dual carraige-way seperated by concrete barriers along the coast. We came to landslides which blocked our side of the road. So without blinking the taxi driver skipped over to the other side of the dual carraige-way and drove against oncoming traffic in the peeing rain with just his headlights to keep us alive. At least we got their......


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb