MISCHIEF ON THE MEKONG Part One...Preparing the Mind & the Body


Advertisement
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
June 6th 2013
Published: June 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

MISCHIEF ON THE MEKONG Part One...Preparing the Mind & the Body. It was snowing as we crossed the tarmac to our plane in Shanghai...snow settling on my face as I wait for the stairs to clear...bet its not like this in Vietnam. 4 hours later touch down in Ho Chi Minh City...31C...somewhat overdressed I feel. Big crowd to meet the arrivees...one man towering over the others...arms raised...bigges... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 93, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

THREE FEETTHREE FEET
THREE FEET

Reunification Palace
UNFORGETTABLE IMAGEUNFORGETTABLE IMAGE
UNFORGETTABLE IMAGE

Protesting against the Vietnam War
MOTORBIKIN'MOTORBIKIN'
MOTORBIKIN'

Nick & Quynh



6th June 2013
FREE ADVERTISING

always fun meeting fellow travelbloggers :) ...i wish i had that shirt too!
6th June 2013
FREE ADVERTISING

TYNNIE
Always fun meeting other travelbloggers...you are so right...we had a blast. The shirts are collector's items...no idea how to score one!
6th June 2013

I'm in stitches!
Clicked all photos, making sure I don't miss anything! That was some party. Love your first trio photo. And the aural surgery made my ears itch the past hour. You guys should meet and travel together more often!
6th June 2013

LILIRAM
I've never had my forehead shaved...never had a facial...never had ear surgery...never travelled with other TBers before...the party is just beginning.
6th June 2013

A caravan of camels... a troupe of dancers... a bed of cockles...
...so what's the collective noun for bloggers? A bevy of bloggers...? A gossip of bloggers...? A tribe of TravelBloggers...? Will you start the forum thread or shall I?!
6th June 2013

A caravan of camels... a troupe of dancers... a bed of cockles...
Hi Mike. A travel of bloggers...a *****of bloggers...great question. With a "camel, a cockle & a dancing duo" definitely "a great time of bloggers."
6th June 2013

Wild times were had by all!
Wild TBers hard at work--exploring the world of big beers, wedding crashing, and heavenly massage--and educating us on the little known processes of ear wax removal and forehead shaving. Good show! Loved your photo essay--fabulous placement and great portraits, as usual. I relaxed and enjoyed!
7th June 2013

Bravo!
With some clever marketing you just had me trawl through a bunch of photos of you having your ears cleaned.
7th June 2013

Bravo!
You should try it Jason. Nothing like some aural surgery to fish out some some spare change that might have got trapped in there. You'd be amazed what some people have between their ears.
7th June 2013
CREEPY MASK

Hannibal Lector??
You give him a good run in that mask - very creepy indeed! Great blog, enjoyed the read. Dot dot dot!
7th June 2013
CREEPY MASK

Have to work on it Rachael
Took a few shots to get that one creepy enough...pretty weird directing Nick on the angles required. Had to feel sorry for the barber who was very serious and concentrating while Nick & I thought it was a bit of a hoot.
7th June 2013

We might not have been there in person, but am loving The Retelling Of Mischief :-) Great 'Where's Shane?' series and story!!
7th June 2013

Where's Shane?
Gotta always keep an eye on the Camel as he's inclined to wander off...always getting himself invited to this and that. One time on the Mekong he was chatting to some English girls and the next thing I know he's in a canoe with them sailing off down a tepid stream...pretending he was deaf as I called out to him!
7th June 2013

I miss...
Cockle who was one of my first Followers. I miss his curmudgeonly commentary, and he's not even old. I also miss the pictures of the massages...or perhaps not.
7th June 2013

I miss...
Yeh Bob...I miss too. Fortunately we are still in touch and our paths may cross again. He was an amazing host...none better. Hope you enjoy our further adventures.
8th June 2013

David's exclusive massage pictures......
will be appearing in the next issue of 'Hello' magazine. I did have to haggle rather aggressively over my commission, however, I eventually managed to settle for one rather large German knackwurst and a small sack of the finest, Indonesian spuds......
9th June 2013

I had a smile on my face the entire time I read this blog
We will be waiting for the up coming issue of Hello magazine ( maybe some photos should not be published) Dog gone it we miss Cockle. I was happy to see photos. I was happy to hear stories of TBloggers being united in foreign lands. Sounds like a fantastic time was had by all. Shane must enjoy a good wedding. Warnings should be sent to the next country that allows a Camel, a Cockle and a dancing duo get together. We will notify the state department if necessary....travel warnings can be issued.
9th June 2013

I had a smile on my face (MJ & Dave)
I had a smile on my face reading your comment...the comments & heartfelt regard of others in the ether...enjoying a visit from the Ghost of Cockle...remembering and being able to share wonderful times...connections that can only be made through Travelblog. Funny to say it but I know you'll agree.
10th June 2013

Debacle over the Cockle!!
Where did he go? Now all I have left are these cheeky reminders on my blogs. Thanks for the post Dave! You all are a hoot!
10th June 2013

the Cockle!!
Ah the Cockle, Andrea...whether by ghost, apparition or happy memory...he is larger than life. More to come...watch this space. More of the Cockle will be revealed.
12th June 2013
AH...THERE HE IS

Enjoying Vietnamese hospitality
There is me, with my mouth full of delicious Vietnamese food sitting in a room with people I do not know. Great memories of our week together - look forward to the next installment.
12th June 2013
AH...THERE HE IS

Enjoying Vietnamese hospitality
The wonder of the internet...that I know a man known as the Travel Camel...who reads my stories about himself and his travels in Vietnam with people he met through the ether...reading in Tajikistan or some other Stan...who will ride a camel in Afghanistan. Enjoyment comes in many forms. Wow...wow...wow...what a life you lead!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 20; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb