Christmas on the road


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
December 26th 2009
Published: December 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Last impressions about Phnom Pen

This city, and the whole country of Cambodia have gone through very difficult times. People who killed their own people are still alive and cope with each other.

There is hope

After I spent second day with locals trying to get our papers for the bike, I saw that there is definitely a hope. People will survive and they will raise the country up again. Officials did not accept any bribes from us, it also showed that there might be a future in this system.

What to do

I would focus on education of young people 25-35 years old, because they know how to sell already. I would support entrepreneurship and try to give them education for that.

New business

We agreed with one local fellow that we start a room rent business with him. We will support him financially with Olga from the start and he will get a job and business through that. I will post the website link afterwards, so whenever you are in Phnom Penh you can have nice stay at the river.

Border crossing to Vietnam

Cambodian customs were ok and they stamped our bike papers. Vietnamese were not! They told us that we can't take the bike to Vietnam because they don't have transport agreement between Thailand or Finland. So we came to a conclusion that we have two options: either to leave a bike to the border (out of question) or to just drive through the border and hope for the best. We managed to drive it through and we arrived yesterday to Saigon. We felt ourselvels really comfortable here from the beginning. City has a great atmosphere and people are happy. We fell in love also with traffic. It is amazing to drive among those 1 million bikes here!

More stuff:




Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb