Back to Vietnam


Advertisement
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
October 11th 2009
Published: October 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Back to Vietnam and this time I am determined to make this trip mostly for me. I have one little library training mission in Hanoi, but the rest of the time I am going to devote to seeing places I have not visited in the past. So the list is Con Dao Islands, Phu Quoc Island, Tay Ninh Province, Gia Nghia, Buon Ma Thuot, Kon Tum, Hamburger Hill, travel the length of the Ho Chi Minh Road, Son La, D... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Huan SingsHuan Sings
Huan Sings

Since Huan is a famous actor the boat people asked him to sing. Trang presented him with a flower. A tradition you do if you like the entertainment.
The old man makes his moveThe old man makes his move
The old man makes his move

Watch video if I get it uploaded.
The French Customs HouseThe French Customs House
The French Customs House

This building, the old French Custom House, The Dragon House, named after the dragons on each end of the roof is where my ship ported and unloaded all of the 9th Infantry Reserve Equipment in 1967. I was the officer in charge of that operation. The building is now a museum dedicated to Ho Chi Minh. One of many dedicated to Uncle Ho throughout Vietnam.



11th October 2009

Kent Business School
Kent, In response to your question, Kent College (they changed their name) is an Australian business school. The reason I know that is because I taught at their former campus in District 1 for a year. It's a great school. The students, faculty and support staff were wonderful then and are now. I can say that because I know one of their current Vietnamese instructors. It was good having coffee with you at Cafe Vuon Xua. Welcome Back!
11th October 2009

Good for you!!!
It's so nice to see you're fine and that you keep your mind busy. Thank you for always taking me in consideration for all your trips . Be sure I'll always see what you're doing and the places you visit as well. See you dad Edgar
12th October 2009

Phu Quoc and Con Dao
Kent, when you come through Quang Tri Province on the HCM highway take a break and let our staff give you an update about Project RENEW's activities. I visited Con Dao for the second time in about 10 years earlier this year, and it's still a beautiful place, not yet spoiled (and hopefully it will remain so). Phu Quoc I visited many years ago, when the plane still had to circle the runway three times to scare the cows away before landing. Now everyone says with the resorts and golf courses it's becoming another Phuket. I hope not.
14th October 2009

boat trip photos
Loved the photos and stories. What gorgeous colors! The old man was a hoot, too. I must have been gone from Rotary when you said you were taking another trip?! Looks like you are having a wonderful time and that you have your agenda scheduled for October! Hope we see you back soon?!
14th October 2009

enjoy your trip kent and be carefull on the bike, hope to meet up soon
14th October 2009

thanks for sharing
I'm glad to hear your back is holding up enough to babysit Sarah. Say hi to Trang and Huan for me...
15th October 2009

Uncle Kent, if you wanna discover the mountainous areas in northern Vietnam, I'll guide you. I know the areas very clearly. Unfinished stone roads. Great green jungles. Tiny stilt houses on the hills. Colorful costumes. And young people living with HIV/AIDS (!) - it's touching but true about the northwest Vietnam.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 22; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb