Going horsebackriding in HCMC!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
March 17th 2009
Published: March 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post


A few days ago Miss Quyen from Tu Xuong school had asked me, if I wanted to come along to go horsebackriding with a group of students. Silvia, my roomie from Switzerland who also teaches there, also came. We left around 9 am this morning and drove to one of the outer districts of HCMC. Both Silvia and I were eager to see what would expect us, since we would have never imagined that there would be horses here in town. The people there were really good with the children and they seemed to have a lot of fun. We also go to ride, which made me very happy, since I used to ride for many years and have been missing it quite a bit.
We later had a chance to talk to the owner, who is french and has been living in Vietnam for 15 years. He used to ride horses back in France and took the chance to buy when this Pony-club was for sale. He gets the horses/ ponies from the local horse racing place, when they think they're getting to slow. He told us about the difficulties of training the staff, since they didn't respect the horses in the same way like we do. Last year he lost 9 horses due to poisened grass! He is planning on finding some more land, not too far out of town and extending the offers they have (like grouptours).
I had a lot of fun and enjoyed the company of the kids from Silvia and my classes. They are definitely very special!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Miss QuyenMiss Quyen
Miss Quyen

She looked like a cowboy :)
:):)
:)

Thao gets car sick, so they went by motorbike ;)


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb