Learning how to cross the street!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
February 16th 2009
Published: March 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

After a bus jurney to ho chi minh city otherwise know as Saigon, it was straight into more carnage! we were told there are 8 million people in ho chi minh & 4 million of them drove scooters. first day there we just walked around the city watching the traffic & trying to cross a few roads...when crossing the road here you have to just go for it, walk at the same speed & its up to the bikes to avoid you!!! first few times you pretty much shit yourself when your abou half way but after a while it became good craic crossing..

the next morning we set out on a tour, first stop a temple. after siam reap we felt all templed out but this one was different.. & was surprisingly ok!

the chu-chi tunnels are hundreds of miles of underground tunnels that the vietnamesse lived in for over 10 years while in war with the US. we visited these tunnels & were able to go into the, i walked 80 ft in one of the & never sweated so much in my life. after that came the fun bit....the shooting range, its unreal..about 10 types of guns lined up & you just select the one you like the look of, pay for your bullets & head to the range, i shot a round of an m16 an loved it so went back for a shot of the m60....a whopper of an automatic!

so a few more days were spent on the beer & waliking around ho chi minh to different markets/museums/places seeing how the vietnamesse lived & learning the history of the war.

next stop hanoi, the capital of nam.. we have a flight to hanoi, its things like these flights or drinking the expencive beers instead of the shite that has lead to us being called flash packers on a few ocasions!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb