Good morning Baltimore. No, Saigon...


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
January 20th 2009
Published: January 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

And we are here, in Hot Saigon. The capital letter is of course intentional, because it is bloody hot.

The train from Hanoi here was, in no other words; the worst we've had by far.

It was so boring, and we forgot to bring food. Stupid stupid Jim and Flic.

The views were sublime though; the train traced the whole of the Vietnemese coastline. We saw the sea and the sun, and wanted to go to the beach.

But, no! Twelve more hours...

It's ok though, because we are now in Saigon.

We got picked up from the station, which was nice. Flic was vomiting earlier, but is fine now, which is good!

We both seem to get sporadic morning sickness. Oh crap. We're preggers.


Which is hot, busy and a little bit dirty. BUT that all pales to how friendly everybody is. Everyone smiles and says hello, and there is a wonderful atmosphere here.

It helps that we're in a spiffing mood due to the weather. In 2 weeks, we've gone from about -15 to +25!

Jim is wearing his silly "Tintin in Vietnam' t-shirt, and Flic nearly got a 'Tom and Jerry in the Mekong Delta' t-shirt.

She had sense. Jim however, failed.

We both keep spending way too much money, but it's ok, because it's FUN!!

We went for a walk around today, and sat in some nice parks and tried to get a tan.

Went to a craaaazy pub, with the best staff ever. They were all jumping about dancing - we THINK they were very drunk, but it's ok - we're on holiday, it's their national holidays - it's FUN!

We have organised some trips; tomorrow we are going on a boat along the Mekong and it's canals, and then the day after go to the CuChi tunnels.

The day after is our bus to Cambodia!

We're about to sit on the veranda in our hotel and get a TAN baby, a TAN!

Love, light and all that jazz.

A very happy Jim and Flic

xx





Advertisement



20th January 2009

Err
Ok, you both sound a little trippy? Too much sun perhaps? Not enough food? Crazy, the pair of you! Put some sunscreen on! Cover up in the sun! Put on a hat! Wear your sunglasses. Don't look at me like that Jim, I am only nagging because I care. Crazy buggers. Keep having fun.
20th January 2009

PREGGERS is hot, busy and a little bit dirty ? (well, yes actually; I remember it well....) You really are weird. Now remember your butties for the next train ! But I envy you both.

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb