Saigon


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
November 14th 2003
Published: August 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

When we were in Saigon we went to The War Remnants Museum, The Notre Dame Cathedral, and The Post Office.

We also went with a few people to visit The Cu Chi Tunnels. On our way there we saw a Vietnamese music video being made. The tunnels were very small and very hot!

We all got the chance to fire a gun while we were at the tunnels, so we did. I was a little nervous about firing a gun, but once I had done it, I wanted to do it some more. It was too expensive though.

Our hotel was right in front of a really nice restaurant/bar. A group of us went there one night, and they were meant to close at midnight. They ended up keeping it open until about 3am, and gave us some free drinks. All of the people working there were really friendly, and wanted to chat with us about where we were from.

On our last night in Saigon, we all went back to the same restaurant, and one of the people who worked there bought me a necklace, and exchanged emails. It was really nice.

On our last few days in Saigon, we spent most of the time shopping. We went to The Ben Thanh Market, and to many of the cd/dvd stores that line the streets.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb