Ho Ho Chi Minhhh


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
June 17th 2008
Published: February 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So i was up at 5.30am to check out and get breakkie as my pick up was at 6am, need not have worried though as the transport was late as per usual...lol.

Got to the bus and i did not have anyone sat next to me so i had a little snooze on the bus and read my book and we got a sandwich on the bus though i was not sure about it and so i left it and we got water which was a bonus and it was an aircon bus, we stopped at a roadside place and i brought some bread and oreos and pringles as i did not like the look of the stuff they were serving, evetually we got to the border and the usual on the bus and off the bus routine and on the vietnam immigration i met some english girls and we chatted a little and would share a tuk tuk when we got to ho chi minh, anyway as it turned out the bus stopped in the backpacker area and so need for a tuk tuk and the girls went and booked anight bus for nha trang, i was in two minds to do the same as i wasnt sure i wanted to hang around in ho chi minh and not sure the sights would keep me busy, after wandering round and getting quoted 10 dollars for a room most places i found a place for 6 dollars a night and the is free internet, only issue is my room is 5 storeys up, i saw one place with dorm room for 3 dollars, but for the sake of three dollars is it worth possibly getting disturbed sleep and having to move my stuff again?, i decided not.

I decided to walk and got collared by a moto taxi and we made a deal on a price and i went to war remants museum and then i wanted to go to another site and the guy took me to a completely different place and then he tried to say we had been longer than we had been and tried to rip me off, i said it was bull and walked off he then followed me and got abusive and threatened to call the police and i tried to lose me but no joy and in the end i paid he slightly more than the deal but less than he was looking for and he had a fit about it but took the money and left me alone, i then had no idea were i was but thankfully most people here are nice and i managed to get directions and saw the outsied of the cathedral and met a nice russian couple who i chatted to and saw the outside of the independence place and saw the ben than market and then got soaked coming back to the guest house, Its my birthday tomorrow so im confining the moto taxi experience to crap pile that other crap stuff has gone to on this trip and im going to get on and enjoy Vietnam.

Went grabbed a three course indian meal for about a dollar fifty and then went and booked a chui chi tunnel and cao dai temple tour for tomorrow and then a mekong day tour for the following day and a night sleeper bus.

Advertisement