Rest of Vietnam and into Cambodia


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
November 23rd 2006
Published: December 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We're finally getting to update our travel blog - apologies for being so lazy!

After leaving Nha Trang, we flew down to Saigon for a couple of nights. Did some touristy things - the War Museum and the Chu Chi Tunnels. Dave got to fire a M16 semi-automatic which he thought was really cool - you can all see the video when we get home. Apparently, he hit the target!! Lynn only made it through the first of three tunnels before having to get out of there - Dave of course made it the full way!
Randomly bumped into two girls - Kerry and Marie (hi girls) - who we had met previously in Nha Trang. Had a good night out with them - bit of a random meal - our last Vietnamese meal!

The next few days we spent going through the Mekong Delta en route to Cambodia. Hi to John, Giggsy and Heather - had a great time but very intense travelling on buses and boats with 13 hours each day of travelling. It was an experience crossing the Vietnam/Cambodia border by boat.

We eventually got to Phnom Penh on 27th November - when we arrived on dry land the bus company had forgotten about us and we were abandoned in the middle of nowhere. Eventually two minibuses were found and about 20 of us piled in for an eventful journey (an hour and a half) into the capital city.

We had a few wild nights in Phnom Penh, loads of 'nice' pizza with all the guys we met. Visited The Killing Fields and the prison which were fairly gruesome.

We got to Siam Reap after a hellish 6 hour 'luxury' bus journey on the Mekong Express where Bunny the Tuk Tuk driver picked us up and brought us to our hostel. We met up with Andy 'Deadrock' Livingstone and had the wildest 3 nights - we even managed to see Angkor Wat and some temples in between recovering from hangovers.

We arrived back in Bangkok on 3rd December where we met up with Dave's parents and a good night out staying in the Landmark Hotel - luxury was great again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb