Arrived in HCMC


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
February 10th 2012
Published: February 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So we made it into Vietnam and starting our 2 ½ week tour in HCMC. We are staying in the backpacking area which is great, so bohemian, hip and home of the cheapest beer so far- 20p for a 500ml bottle of Siagon beer. The bars are on the pavements with hundreds of travellers sat on tiny plastic seats. Last nights’ entertainment was a local fie-eater finishing with an act involving swallowing a live snake to the the last few inches!



Today we headed on a Browning wonder tour including the Reunification Palace. A communist style palace left intact from the 1975 invasion. The market is massive and full of every fake you can imagine and great food stalls. Crossing the road is an experience, you simply step out onto a manic 8 lane road and against your natural instincts walk very slowly- the bikes manoeuvre around you. It actually works and I am becoming sold on the idea.



Tonight more 20p beers and tomorrow we head inland to Dalat for the start of a tour, finishing at the beach resort of Nha Trang.



First impressions of Vietnam are great, a wonderful place and already looking forward of getting into the countryside.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb