HCMC and Dalat


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
February 13th 2012
Published: February 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well where are we up to? We left HCMC on Saturday morning after a great night sat drinking with a group of local lads, drinking 30p Saigons and comparing slang words. We soon realised that we all enjoyed the DJ Station nightclub in Bangkok!

Dalat is a very pretty place, like an Alpine village around a lake. The outdoor night market is fantastic with over 100 stalls selling great food including roasted chicken feet and great cakes. What always hits me about the stall traders is how I judge them to have so little, let actually they also have so much- friendliness, passion and a real zest for their life.

On the Sunday we joined a day tour and had a great day in part due to meeting some great fellow travellers, Louis from Paris (who we met the night before watching the game), Tanya from Prague and a not so friendly Dutch girl. The best bit was taking the p*** out of the ever so kitsch valley of love, which actually led to a wonderful view. We finished the night meeting with Loius for dinner at a lovely Vietnamese restaurant in the sleepy Dalat.

Today we covered the four journey to Nha Trang through spectacular countryside and chatting all the way with Adam and his girlfriend- Norwich FC fanatics. Spent the day lounging around the beautiful Nha Tring beach and backpacker streets. Is it Monday? What a way to spend a Monday!

PS...look out for Julian in some more dangerous positions!


Additional photos below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb