Day 8-9 Vietnam, Giddy Up!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
July 19th 2011
Published: July 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Little guy 86 secs
Well its 3:00am and we have just been out in Saigon for the first time and it was the best! We arrived in Saigon at around 5:30pm and from the plane we grabbed a cab which took approximately 15 to the hotel door. On arrival we weren't really sure what the accomodation would be like but it looks like we are kicking goals at the Sanouva Hotel because the bed is softer than the last and we have already met some really nice people.

From the Hotel we ventured out to see the sights which were outstanding, the people, food and good vibe that we received from Vietnam was the best!! We went out for a quick drink at the Australian Bar called the Blue Gecko where we met a nice old Aussie guy who gave us the drum on all he spots to see and miss.

From there we went for dinner at a place called the Bier Garden Resturant which was great, had a guy playing the guitar in the corner and a water feature in the other corner. The dinner was great, first time I'd had a steak in weeks! After a few dinner drinks and some advice from the old guy from the Geckko we went to a district where we found ourselves in a little live music bar where we met many nice Vietnamese people. The singer at the bar was a really nice guy (Moe) who showed alot of talent, we were really impressed.

Whilst at one of the bars we were approached by a young child all of 6 years old offering us a cheap fan, bangle or necklace. This kid was awesome! so much so that we bought one from him after watching him dance (see video) he was so funny.

Adam


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb