Sand Dunes


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast
January 4th 2013
Published: January 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Very energetic start today, determined to kick these colds we start with a run along the beach.

We have organised to have a moped for the day today to go off in search of one of the local sights the Sand Dunes.

Richard driver and me map reader, (with directions from our Vietnamese hotel manager). We stop off at a lovely fishing village on the way with beautiful views and some scrummy food.

We arrive a little later than expected, this area is equipped mainly for Russian tourists so even thought there are signs to where you want to go, they are either in Vietnamese or Russian. We get there any way and wow was it worth the trip, as we drive around the road in front of the white sand dunes there is a lake in front of them glissening in the sun sun light, very picturesque. They offer quad biking here, we didn't go for this we went to the local lad sat under a tree with a pile of plastic sheets in front of him. These are used to sledge down the dunes.....

Reaching the dunes we walk bare foot straight to the biggest one, if your going to do anything you've got to do it right, that's what I say... After a long strenuous walk up we get to the top, all set up. Richards going first so I'm filming....and action..... And he doesn't move.... He slides about 2m down and then seems to get buried in the sand!!

My turn I'm thinking tactically, crossed legged, lean back and hold the front up,....... I manage to get half way down the hill!!! I mean we had a laff but disappointment is has dashed our expectations. We meet a group of adrenaline junky bob sledgers from Canader and their faces mirror ours!

Oh well I decide not to waste the opportunity and take on the sand dune, forward roll style! Oh yer!..... I had sand everywhere! Lol but it was great fun and Richard filmed it!

Walking back to the bike we do bump into some very unusual faces, these whom can be ridden ...I don't think so!

We headed back after realising that even our teeth had sand in them.... Great day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb