Some Farraways in Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 3rd 2017
Published: July 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Originally clients - but now also good friends - the Farraway Family have been doing organised and private travel with us since earlt 2000's. we have introduced them to some great sights in both Europe and Asia. Usually we have various members of the family 6 and some years we have all of them (usually for Austria Christmas).

This time - 3 of them have come to Vietnam - bringing "newbie" Toby. Mother Leanne and sister Sarah held his hands for his first visit. I met them late on the evening as their flight from Sydney to Saigon/Danang was delayed a while. I transferred them to the newly-opened Koi Hoi An Resort at Cua Dai beach. It was too late to go into Hoi An for eats - so we just went to the resort's restaurant.Graciously they stayed open a little later to serve us - we were the only guests in the restaurant at that time. It was only going to be a "light" meal due to lateness - however a miscommunication on ordering french-fries - saw us end up with 3 BIG portions.)I have to say - the staff in the restaurant were amzing - and during the next few days - they gave us excellent service and were daily "greeters"). No-one left the table hungry. The family was staying in one of the resort's 3-bedroom villas - complete with private indoor/outdoor swimming pool.

Having been to Hoi An several times before - Leanne and Sarah were keen to re-visit some stores that had mad them clothes and footwear on those previous visits. But first - I joined them at their resort for breakfast. It was an invited extended to me by hotel management - so that I could chat with them and plan some of their activities for the day. So on Day 1 - it was the resort transfer into the old town and a walk around the old town to acquaint Leanne and Sarah with some new "additions" and to give Toby his first look at the "ancient" town. It was hot - so several stops were made for refreshments. There was the usual buying of T-shirts and hats - but it was not long before we were at Yaley tailors for measurements and selection of dresses and suits. Toby also decided he would visit the other "well--known" establishment - BeBe - and get measured for a suit from them. Spreading the wealth!! A couple of more hours spent wandering the old town, some lunch - then back to the resort for some pool time.

The evening was spent back in the old town with dinner at the very popular Greek restaurant "Mix". A stroll through the Night Market to buy souvenirs completed the night's activities.

The next 3 days were spent enjoying the resort's pool as well as the cooler private pool in the villa; visits to the old town for clothes fittings; more souvenir hunting, cold drinks and good meals. All three Farraways did get the chance to follow me on a short bicycle adventure through the nearby rice fields - . Maybe next time I can get them on mopeds for more extensive explorations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb