Hue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
November 15th 2011
Published: November 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived by sleeper train from Hanoi into Hue around 6:30am. The sleeper train was a smal 6 birth room which the 5 of us occupied with one local man who could not speak any english, nice guy tho. We stayed up sharing stories of times past and having a few drinks before heading to bed around 12 on the inch thick matresses. Every place you turn up has a mass load of tuc-tuc drivers hastling you straight away. This is usually when you ave just been asleep and u dont even want your own family to disturb you let alone 20 men shouting at you asking for something that you realy could not care less about in the current circumstances. This happens a lot and wil get worse as my time in Asia continues!

We ended up staying at a nice hostel which was owned by a crazy lady called Dee. She was like the mafia of Hoi An, get you anything you wanted, whenever you need it. If you needed a bus, she would get you onto the cheapest one in town. I took full advantage of her crazyness by dressing her up in bikers helmet and cape each night before going out for food, she loved it...

Next day we took bikes to explore around town and the main temple there. We ended up speaking to a interesting lady from Germany who worked at the temple as an artifact restorer. She gave us a great history about the palace and how the king wold not alw any man to have relations with any women under his ruling SOOOOO, he truned them all into eunucs, if they wanted to live in the temple and out of poverty. He had all the women, and none of the men had any manhood - PLAYA!! Hue was again, absolutley manic with a lot of tuc tuc & bikes roaming around, still not a touch on Haoi. My friend ended up falling off her bike at a turning, no one even batted an eye lid. We hadnt even noticed as she was at the back of the group and we hadnt realised until over the other side of a 1000 metre bridge! She was all ok, just a few bruises.

We stopped off at a decent cafe and played some pool, on the way back to the hostel I was loking around and noticed how many welders there were all over the place. ALL the welders where NO protection on their face, sparks flying at them and they dont even flinch!! Mental people!!

That evening we went out to a really decent bar/restaurant which was on two floors. Played pool all night, had a few drinks and got asked by some lady if I was spanish, in which I replied...YES, ofcourse!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb