Day 17-20 Nha Trang to Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 29th 2011
Published: July 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We headed for the beach after checking into the Novotel, the room is the best and we got upgraded to the deluxe room with ocean views. That last hotel looks like a mud pit compared to this hotel, we were very happy with it and the service matched.

Once at the beach we baked for a while then decided to go for a little parasail which was alot of fun but didn't go long enough. It was very funny because they just hooked us up, no saftey checks just two clips and away we went. The weather turned quite bad in the afternoon so we headed back to the hotel where we used the gym and prepared ourselves for dinner. We went to our trusty Italian for dinner again where the food did not disappoint. We returned to the hotel where we packed our gear in preperation for the next days travels.

The next day we travelled 30 minutes to the airport and hopped on a plane which took about and hour to Hoi An. On arrival in Hoi An we checked into our hotel and set off to have a look around this small little town. The Hotel
Hoi An Food MarketsHoi An Food MarketsHoi An Food Markets

whoa some grosie things going on at these markets but nice fruit and veg
called the Hoi An Hotel was very nice and has a pool which was more like a spa. The town of Hoi An is small and filled with Tailer shops that can make anything from jackets to shoes, Kimberly was in heaven.

We returned to the Hotel and took a swim in the spa, it was a very hot day 36oC so it was nice to get back to the aircon of the hotel room. After relaxing for a while we headed out for some dinner in town at a place called the Cargo Club, the food was quite good but I still can't bring myself to eat Vietnemese food after my experience in Nha Trang. The town itself lights up at night with lanterns, its quite a sight to see. After dinner we headed back to the hotel for bed time which was much derserved as we had been up since 5am.

The next day we woke up and I headed straight for the pool whilst Kimberly did what she does best and hit the shops. I just hung around the pool and read my book untill she returned which was around 2pm. We jumped on a bus and drove around 5 minutes to Hoi An beach which was quite nice. The wind was up a bit but the ocean was so warm, I've never felt the ocean like that before. We hung around the beach till 5:30pm and enduldged in some beers and cocktails on the beach front. Once back at the hotel we got dressed for dinner and headed back to the Cargo Club for dinner, the food was very good again. After dinner we walked around the corner to a little bar which was mostly filled with Westerners which suited me fine. We met some nice people there so we jumped on a motorbike taxi and trecked to the next bar, after a few too many we had last drinks around 2am a returned to the hotel.

The next morning Kimberly went shopping AGAIN and picked up some of her dresses which she had made, they look really good whoooo wooooo. I spent most of the day inside as the weather wasn't the best. Tonight we are heading into town for some dinner before we come back and pack for the next part of our adventure, we have to catch a plane at 8:05am tomorrow morning to Hanoi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Life at its bestLife at its best
Life at its best

We had such a great afternoon drinking and talking with local vietnamese ladies selling us everything and anything. We bought a deck of cards, some miracle headache ointment, magnets, peanuts


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb