Hue to Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
January 9th 2011
Published: January 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday in Hue visited some stunning mausoleums and pagoda's (in the rain lol). I must say I think we have both seen enough Pagodas to last a life time. Reminds us a little of all the churches you see when in Europe lol. We had lunch at this absolutely devine restaurant called the King. Was a little of the tourist track but very nice. The service was basically silver service and I lost count as to how many times she said thank you to us.

The citidal and forbidden city were very good but at 10 square kilometres is a bloody long way to walk from the South gate to the North gate. We could have ridden an elephant as there were two just cruising in their enclosure. Found that out a bit to late to save the poor old feet.

spent our last night at the Mandarin cafe, cant wait to show the photos that we brought from there.

Our Driver picked us up this morning at 8am for the trip to Hoi An. When we got tp Da Nang he drove along the waterfront across the bridge to what the west knows as China Beach. 30kms of beach with resorts going up by the dozen, I imagine in five years time it will unfortunately look like Surfers Paradise. Greg Norman is building a Golf course and resort. The funny thing is that when you get to the end of china beach there water buffalo and cheap housing with prime views. I imagine that is until the developers come along.

Our first stop in Hoi An was the tailors shop called Yaly, recommended to us by An. Our driver delivered us to our hotel, we had the same drivers for 3 days, a father and son. They were really good and safe on the road.

We are at the Hoi An Hotel, it is owned by the government and would rate easily as a five star hotel in NZ. On $67USD a night so pretty good. We are on the top floor (3rd floor) overlooking the swimming pool. Very nice. Would send photos but still having issues with computer reading info from camera maybe I am just special and dont know how to work it.

We wandered around the town, and we saw these canadian women that we have been seeing since Ha Noi, and actually stopped and had a chat to them today. We brought these really cool Tee Shirts and the bag they use to put them in is an old newspaper stapled together. Very trendy and eco friendly. Hoi An is a lot cleaner than the other places we have been, although this is the first place I have seen any of the 8 legged locals!!!!(on the street) Deb has found a shop with clothes designed by a local person so I will be keeping her well away from that street !!!!! So who reckons she will come home with something from there?

We went to Miss Ly for dinner. This was listed in the Rough guide as the place to eat and guess what we agree. The food was to die for (ok are any of you thinking we are just here eating) Peat the Papaya salad was outstanding!!! We are going back tomorrow night. Deb and I had the seat at the front ofthe restuarant and we manged to convince 4 groups of people to try the restuarant ( Deb is going to negotiate a commission when we go tomorrow night)

We are off on a tour tomorrow to My Son and on Tuesday do the Red Bridge cooking class (yep food again)

Blog again in a couple of days



Advertisement



9th January 2011

Go Papaya Salad, I'm actually envious now!!!!!
13th January 2011

Flooding
Hi Not sure if you have seen any news from OZ over there but Brisbane City and surrounding districts are under water, but thought better let you know that we are ok. God you guys are having fun I am envious. Love Rozanne
14th January 2011

Flooding
Hi we had seen it on TV and glad that you guys are ok. Was thinking though that you could make use of all those swimming lessons you had as a child lol Actually did you get the swimming lessons!!!! We are having heaps of fun and hopefuuly soon we will be able to load more photos the internet age has not made it to some of the hotels

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb