Near Miss


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
December 22nd 2010
Published: December 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last day in Hoi An so we wee determined to see the beach. We checked out of our hotel and then shipped our stuff back home. Surprisingly they managed to fit all our stuff into one box. It was really expensive to ship but well worth it for what we got. Then we set off for the beach.

The beach itself was really nice. We have been waiting to do the beach scene since we arrived. It was everything we expected. Eating fresh crab in thus shade then lazing about in the sun and swimming in the ocean. If only the shopping hadn't taken so long I could have spent days there. Our enjoyment was cut a little short by the fact that we had to catch our night bus south. The good news is we are heading to Mui Ne which supposedly has the best beach in Vietnam.

So we got back to the hotel for the bus and awaited it's arrival. We had yet to get a sleeper bus but had seen some throughout Laos. They looked much better than trying to sleep all night on a seated bus. We were sadly disappointed when we boarded it. The beds were made for midgets and didn't fully recline. You ended up in some awkward reclined position with your knees pressed up to your stomach. You couldn't turn sideways because the bed wasn't big enough and had plastic rails. Not such a comfy ride.

We did have a very close call. As we were boarding Matt decided he wanted a water so he handed me his carry on and went to get water. I tossed his bag on his seat and went to get my own. The next thing I know the bus start moving. I look a. James and he looks back at me. Matt had not gotten on. I ran up to one of the worders and told him to stop but he just. Waved me away. Apparently they don't change schedule easily. Then James tried to tell them to go back but he got the same reaction. We were kind of at a loss. Luckily the bus stopped 5 minutes later to pick up more people and Matt jumped on. Apparently he was in the process of purchasing the water when he saw the bus go by. He had chased it the whole way.

It was a close call 😊

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb