LIFESTART FOUNDATION ANNUAL FUNDRAISER THANK YOU!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
September 2nd 2010
Published: September 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Lifestart Foundation 2010 Dinner Dance 220 secs
The Annual Lifestart Foundation Christmas In July Charity Dinner and Silent Auction was held on the 31st of July in Melbourne, Australia.

A huge thank you to all who attended and supported this event.
Thank you also to those who organised a table or two of guests and to those of you who donated wonderful items for our Silent Auction. We had close to 100 items in the Silent Auction which made for a terrific range of goodies on offer.

A great night was had by all who attended. Santa ( aka Rod Brown ) greeted guests as they arrived. Damian Nicholas was our M.C for the evening ensuring that the evening ran smoothly.
Our $20 game of Heads or Tails saw the lucky winner go home with $1,000 cash and the rest of us having a fun time playing the game. The $50 Raffle saw the winner going home with a fabulous 47 inch Full HD LCD TV, not to mention the 8 wonderful runner up prizes.
To put us all in the spirit of Christmas in July we were entertained during the evening by Jade Leonard singing Christmas Carols. Our regular band Minute By Minute featuring Michelle Drew and our Floor Show Dancers Tommy and Jenny kept our toes tapping throughout the night.

We also had a wonderful array of products to sell from the Lifestart Foundation Workshop.

This was our best year to date in terms of fundraising. I am extremely happy to announce that we raised
$24,666.35 aud after expenses on the night! This figure is the result of a lot of hard work and good will by many people. Thank you to you all who helped to make the night a success. It really is a team effort and your help is sincerely appreciated.
This money will fund the Lifestart Foundation Free School for another year and will be a major help to all of the Lifestart project work in the forthcoming year.
A big thank you to all who helped in the setting up of the venue on the Friday the 30th and to all of the volunteers who helped during the evening.

I hope that you will all support this event again in 2011 and help Lifestart Foundation reach it's 2011 target of $25,000+.

We were fortunate to have Celenii Event Services donate their time to video the evening for us. A big thank you to Linh Chau from Celenii for her time and work on this video..
If you click on the black screen at the top of this blog you can watch the short video clip.
Thank you to Martin Nguyen for taking lots of photo's during the evening, there are two pages of photo's to look at on this blog.

If you haven't been to our Annual Fundraiser as yet then I hope that you will consider joining us in 2011.


Lots of Love from Karen
www.lifestartfoundation.org.au

The Lifestart Foundation website also has been updated recently www.lifestartfoundation.org.au Have a look when you have time.


Enjoying the blogs?? Forward them on or subscribe those who you think would be interested in Lifestart Foundations work.......its free!

Visit us at:
LIFESTART FOUNDATION WORKSHOP

77 Phan Chu Trinh Street,
HOI AN.
VIETNAM





Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

KAREN, TU & DUNGKAREN, TU & DUNG
KAREN, TU & DUNG

Lifestart Foundation Jobstart recipients Tu and Dung are in Australia completing a 1 year traineeship.
JADEJADE
JADE

Jade entertained the guests with Christmas Carols
A FAMILY SNAPA FAMILY SNAP
A FAMILY SNAP

Karen with her cousin Bev, daughter Jade and 87 year old mum Amy. ( who believe it or not got up and had a dance!)


17th September 2010

Hello Karen :) Congratulations, on your first Front Page blog. You are also this weeks Blogger of the Week. An award will shortly be appearing on your Profile Page. See http://www.travelblog.org/Topics/25953-1.html Mel TravelBlog Moderator

Tot: 0.42s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 88; dbt: 0.2637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb