Tailor's, Beaches & Good Times


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
November 8th 2003
Published: August 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had a few hours free in Hue, and then we took about a 3 hour ride to Hoi An. Driving through Hai Van Pass was pretty nice. The scenery was amazing. We had views of the beach, and views over the mountains.

Our hotel in Hoi An was pretty big. On the outside it looked pretty posh, so we were all a bit puzzled when we pulled up there. When we went inside the rooms were in good condition, but didnt quite reach that 5 star rating.

The town is full of tailors. I didnt go mad with getting clothes made. So I just looked through a few fashion magazines, and found a nice pair of jeans. So I got measured up, went back later that night, and then the next morning they were finished. All for US$10.

Some of the other people I was travelling with went pretty crazy with the clothes. They had up to 10 shirts made, pants, jackets, anything they could think of really.

Whilst in Hoi An, we visited the Chinese Assembly Hall, The Japanese Covered Bridge, some small villages, and a beautiful beach. I'd have to say that the villages, and the beach were excellent.

We decided to ride bikes to the beach. We rode through rice fields, and saw many of the locals at work. I wasnt too keen on taking a bike ride, especially because it was so hot, but it was well worth it. I didnt want to have to give the bike back.

After riding for a while, we came to a road, and a few of us girls stopped at one shop which specialised in bikinis. We all chose the designs we liked, and then had them altered to fit us properly on the spot.

We got back onto our bikes, rode up the road a little more, and we confronted by rows of palm trees, and the most crystal clear water we had ever seen.

As soon as we got to the beach, a few ladies came up to us to try and sell us some snacks. Then the fun began. We couldnt get into the water fast enough. It was so warm. We all had a splash around for a while, and then went for a bit of a tanning session on the beach.

After that we went back to Hoi An, and just wandered around the town for the rest of the day. We found a nice bar one night, so we all just had a few drinks, and played some pool.

We also took a trip out to the Marble Mountains, but I got a few steps inside, and someone mentioned spiders, so I was out of there pretty quickly.

We drove to Danang, and took the train to Nha Trang.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb