Da Dia Reef - Phu Yen


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Phu Yen
January 13th 2022
Published: January 13th 2022
Edit Blog Post

The harmonious combination of “blue sea – white sand – golden sunshine” has created a beautiful Ganh Da Dia – Da Dia Reef Phu Yen that cannot describe in words.

This place is a unique geological structure with black and yellow basalt rocks in all kinds of conceivable shapes spread over an area of more than a square kilometre along the edge of the sea. From a distance, it looks like a giant black beehive.

It was created by volcanic eruptions millions of years ago. The lava, when it came in contact with the water, cooled, contracted and fractured and formed vertical or horizontal columns before becoming polygonal rocks like they are today.



Besides this sea cliff, there are only four other places on earth that have this magnificent phenomenon. These are Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland, Los Órganos in Spain, Fingal’s sea cave in Scotland, and Jusangjeolli in South Korea.



The sun was still sleeping when the tour time started but as Huy made is way along the rocky path it wasn’t long before we had amazing views of it rising! We all sat quiet for a few moments enjoying this beautiful
phenomenon that is difficult to describe in words.

Pretty scary and treacherous steps at times but that did not deter Huy ensuring we experienced the adventure he had planned.

We passed basket boats and watched one boatman take to the choppy seas who we later saw on the rocks probably gathering sea snails.

After clambering over the rocks, getting his feet wet and a few slips he retrieved his backpack to give everyone a surprise, was it music playing, something to eat, he had us all guessing until he pulled out of the bag a drone. This is a first for heygo and voyagers soon decided that we could now enjoy ‘Huygo Shots’.

Not sure who was more excited Huy or the voyagers. Time for lift off and wow how amazing to be able to view one of the top 5 most beautiful cliffs globally from the air.

A memorable tour for sure. https://bit.ly/HuygoShots



https://www.heygo.com/huy


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement










Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb