Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
July 23rd 2010
Published: July 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello! So we had our first experience of the night train from Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang which was more pleasent than expected. Yasmin and I shared a room with a couple from Cardiff and found the room comfortable and cool. The room has four beds, two either side on top of eachother. We spent the evening chatting and getting to know two Australian couples who are also on the trip with us. Was interesting hearing of the differences in our cultures and what they do...we drink tea whilst they hunt crocs!

Yasmin and I got a good nights sleep before waking up at about 5 for our scheduled station, unfortunately the train was delayed a couple of hours so didnt arrive in till nearer 7 which gave us a chance to take in the scenery of mountains and rice fields! We arrived in Nha Trang just after 7 in the morning and decided that we would take a day trip on a boat to some of the nearby Islands. We got to the boat around 9 and were greeted by the charasmatic vietnamise host who could speak an amazing 5 languages! First stop on the trip was to an island with an aquarium hosting many of the local fish and creatures found nearby...although interesting was also quite sad to see some of the animals, especially the turtles that were in a space far too small for them. The second Island was our first opportunity for a swim in the S. China oceon since we'd arrived. We dived in off the top of the boat into warm sea water for the first time ever, was great to get in the water on what was a very hot day! After an hour or so the boat set off to its third Island for lunch. After Moving to the upper deck, around 7 of us from our group sat down for a great lunch! A mix of noodles, seafood and vegetables was served to us on endless plates with some chop sticks! Lunch was followed by the crew performing music for the boat....the band had 5 members, a gutarist, a drummer, a main singer, a guy on the bass and a man on the tamberine with a coconut bra!!! This was entertaining and eventually i was made to stand up and sing a rendition of wonderwall...very embaressing!!! After this we then went into the sea with rubber rings to a "floating bar" put on by the crew which served an orange/rum drink! The fourth Island we visited had a beach for us to chat and relax before the journey home.

We got back to the hotel, very tired still from our overnight journey and showered before a 45 minute nap! We then went for food with all of our group and tourguide, the food was dissapointing and was good to get back to the hotel for a good nights sleep. This morning we woke up refreshed and had breakfast at the hotel before a couple of hours by the pool and then had to pack our bags for check out. After this we wnet to a natural spring for a mud bath...for only 4 quid each we got a long soak in the bath before washing ourselves down with warm natural spring water! Although very touristy was a good experience! On our return we sat at a beach bar drinking a 50p can of local beer and Yasmin had a great coconut/fruit milkshake! We will be off to a seafood restuarant later before catching another night train on to Hoi An at 11PM tonight!

Speak soon! xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb