Nha Trang...it started and ended with a bang!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
December 7th 2009
Published: February 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys,

We opted to take a night sleeper bus from Hue to Nha Trang, it wasn't too bad but no where near our last night train experience. So we arrive in Nha Trang at about 5:30am and are out on the streets to find a hotel and this is where things go crazy. We get approached by a lady asking us if we're interested in checking out her hotel, we check her flyer and decide to give it a look since the price is good and she's offering us a free cab ride to have a look with no commitment to stay. So we go check out her place and the rooms are decent so we decide we'll stay. Then she tells us the price is different than what we originally agreed on, so we tell her we're not interested and we'll check out some other hotels. Now she starts demanding we pay her money for the cab ride which was about $1, we remind her that she offered us the cab ride with no commitment and there's no way we're going to pay her. This is where the bitch goes crazy!!!!!!!!!! She starts screaming and yelling at us while stomping her feet like a 9 year girl, Tyne and I look at each other and decide now would be a good time to leave so we head for the door and the crazy bitch runs to the front door to try and lock us in her hotel, then she grabs my guide book and refuses to give it back until we pay or she's calling the cops to which I tell her to please phone the police because I need to report a crazy bitch! Anyways more shit ensues with Tyne and her actually wrestling which was pretty funny(not at the time but now) with Tyne on the winning end I pulled them apart tossed these two little Vietnamese guys out of our way and walked out the door. And now it's 5:45am we're back on the streets wondering what the hell just happened and if that was real or just a bad dream. So after contemplating leaving Nha Trang right away or staying to let the place not be judged by one crazy bitch we decided to stay. We found a great hotel with a beach view and the Crazy level was about negative 100%.

Nha Trang is actually a pretty nice city with a massive beach which we were looking forward to enjoying. Our first day was pretty relaxing asides from the morning and we didn't get up to too much. The next day we went out diving which was good since we were both eager to get back into the water prior to starting our Divemaster course in Bali. The diving was good, although this time of year the visability was not the best. It was still good and we had great day out on the boat. That evening it must have been a full moon because we decided to go for after dinner drinks and Tyne orders a bucket! So the next thing I know we're dancing up a storm a some club on the beach and it's 4am, it was a pretty fun night, the next day not so much. Although spending a hangover day on the beach enjoying the waves and the sun really isn't that bad.

Our time so far in Vietnam has been good, but there are some major differences between Vietnamese people and their neighbours. I could never imagine that situation happening in Thailand and definitely not in Laos. When it come to money Vietnamese people don't mess around, fortunately neither do we.

Until the next one....


Cheers,

Matt & Tyne


Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb