Thursday18th June 2009 Na Thrang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
June 18th 2009
Published: July 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Thursday18th June 2009 Na Thrang
Headed down to the beach for about 11.30 but for once it was cloudy in the morning, still roasting but cloudy. With nothing better to do though and little desire for sightseeing we still hit Louisianne again but there was no room by the pool so had to take a lounger on the beach. And we sat there reading our books for a few hours under the umbrella shades or so we thought. We used our factor 10 spray on sun screen but I didn’t bother putting any on my legs and because of the clouds you couldn’t see which parts of you if any where in the sun or the shade so we proceeded to get a bit of a roasting. Damn clouds. It was a bit more interesting sitting on the beach seeing all the activity in the seas and the hawkers working up and down the sand but being kept away form the loungers because it’s a private beach area. We were on the front row beside the water though so they could walk about 15feet in front. At lunch time the most amazing ones set up stall though. These women came along carrying their two big baskets over there shoulders which all the street people do but they had full baskets of lobster, crab, prawns and every other type of cru station and probably a few more that had been created in the baskets. On the counterbalance basket they had coal fire going. SO they sat down on the sand and laid out their tarpaulin restaurant seating area and cooked up seafood feasts for some of the locals and the braver tourists. Not sure I could trust the food myself but it actually looked delicious. We headed off and got crap food in an Australian bar instead.

Made up for our crap lunch with a fantastic seafood dinner which helped sooth the pain of the sunburn which hampered our plans to go and get massages. We would have been ready to leave Nha Thrang today really I suppose, we had had enough beach for a little bit, and weren’t too bothered seeing anything else. Nice spot and glad we had stayed there long enough to chill out and settle for a little. There is plenty to do and good food, bars and a couple of shops. I was going to go diving for a morning but never really got round to it and not sure how great it would have been visibility wise etc so gave it a miss.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb