Day 60-61: Nha Trang, Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
March 29th 2009
Published: March 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Friday, March 27th


We had to drag ourselves out of bed to go for our morning run. It took us a while but we eventually managed to get out of bed. We ran further than ever before then had a swim.

After breakfast we popped into the dive shop to find out what Simon likes cause today's his birthday. Tu said he likes rice cereal so we went to the A-mart to get him some Rice Crispies.

We thought about taking the Rescue Diver course, but when we found out what it cost we decided against it. It's too expensive (but still cheaper than your basic scuba course in SA).

We had plans to go to the beach but when we got back to the room we took a nap instead, then had some crackers and cheese for lunch followed by a can of condensed milk for dessert. We watched a movie then went to the beach for a swim followed by a free beer, courtesy of Sailing Club, for finishing another diving course.

We had Indian food for dinner and on the way back to the hotel we took a ride on the Ferris wheel in
Did I do that?Did I do that?Did I do that?

Rocking the Ferris wheel
the amusement park by the beach. To Talita's horror, Ferdi tried to make the carriage swing. He didn't want to get his ass kicked so he stopped.

Today's highlights:
1. Condensed milk! Oh how sweet and creamy!
2. Indian food for dinner.
3. Riding on the Ferris wheel.

Thought for the day:
Deep down all men are just boys.


Saturday, March 28th


It's Talita's birthday today so we tried to sleep in. However, the rumbling in our stomachs and the noisy people next door soon saw us outside hunting chocolate pancakes for breakfast (yes, we're allowed because it's a special occasion).

This morning Talita is missing her people very much. You all know how much she love you guys and gals! We spent the rest of the morning lounging on the beach and reading a bit.

After lunch we arranged to be picked up at our hotel and were taken to Thap Ba mineral hot springs. Here we soaked in a big tub filled with hot mineral mud for 20mins. It was tons of fun! The mud was so thick we both hovered weightlessly in the tub. After a shower we soaked in a heart-shaped
No you dont!No you dont!No you dont!

Rocking the Ferris wheel
tub of hot mineral water for 45mins after which Ferdi got a haircut (yup, the little boy is back) followed by a swim in a big hot mineral swimming pool. Our skins felt smooth and soft as we were driven back to our hotel.

We got out at the Italian ice-cream place and went in for five scoops of pure pleasure. We bought a bottle of red wine to enjoy on the beach later because during Earth Hour our hotel (and we hope the rest of the world) will turn off their lights in support of the fight against global warming. When we arrived at our hotel Talita got a beautiful bouquet of white roses that Tu had sent.

We went out to the Spanish restaurant for dinner then to the beach to enjoy our red wine and listen to music from our wedding on our mobile phone. It was very romantic.

Just before we were about to finish our wine a very inebriated Vietnamese man tried to have a conversation with us. He spoke maybe ten words of English and repeated the same things over and over. When he didn't have the English to say what
Mud bathsMud bathsMud baths

Thap Ba Mineral Spring
he wanted (which was about every 3rd word), he would speak Vietnamese as if we could understand him. It also looked like he was trying to sit on Ferdi's lap. Very weird! Amanda showed up and he completely zoned in on her. This gave us the excuse to leave.

We went to meet Matt, Mischa and Joe for a beer (they all work at the dive shop). We ended up at a party on the beach which was interesting, but we both realized that we're getting too old for that kinda thing.

We had a wonderful day!

Thank you all for sending blessings and good wishes on this very special day!

Thought for the day:
Playing in mud as an adult is still just as much fun as when we were kids!


Today's highlights:
1. Talita's birthday.
2. Mellowing in the hot mud bath.
3. Enjoying red wine on the beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

In we go!In we go!
In we go!

Thap Ba Mineral Spring
Nice and warm and smooth!Nice and warm and smooth!
Nice and warm and smooth!

Thap Ba Mineral Spring
Going underGoing under
Going under

Thap Ba Mineral Spring
Me too!Me too!
Me too!

Thap Ba Mineral Spring
Ta Da!Ta Da!
Ta Da!

Thap Ba Mineral Spring
Swamp monster no.1Swamp monster no.1
Swamp monster no.1

Thap Ba Mineral Spring
Swamp monster no.2Swamp monster no.2
Swamp monster no.2

Thap Ba Mineral Spring
PrincessPrincess
Princess

Thap Ba Mineral Spring
Bubble headsBubble heads
Bubble heads

Thap Ba Mineral Spring


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb