Is Hoa's Place Still Open? Oh Yes It Is!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Da Nang
March 18th 2014
Published: March 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

When the taxi reached Hoa's road we hardly recognized the spot as the seafood restaurants have disappeared, lost to the developers. Hoa's old building is gone but he has built a new place right across the road. It has the same bar, the same beat to hell and back tables, the same lousy lend/ lease library and of course the same Hoa. When we got out of the cab Hoa was already heading towards us to take our bags and to put a cold one in our road weary fists. It's like coming back home.

Hoa's wife Giao still runs the back of the house. Same menu and the same family style dinner every evening at 7 PM. Rooms are in 2 hotels at the top of the road. Hoa is starting to build rooms next to his restaurant. We booked a room for 3 with bathroom, hot water and A/C for $12 per night. Very clean place with a friendly staff. Great starting point for early morning hikes up Marble Mountain.

Hoa looks good. It had been 3 years since we had last been here and 6 years since we first visited. Met a whole lot of good people at Hoa's over the years. Danish Green Bay Packer fans, book sellers and teachers and crazy French women and too many surfers to count. The beach is still there and the surf is still formidable.

If you've been wondering what happened to Hoa's the answer is; Nothing.

215/14 Huyen Tran Cong Chua St, China Beach. T: (0511) 3969 216
Email them at: hoasplace@gmail.com


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Beer CoolersBeer Coolers
Beer Coolers

I do not understand how it is that these antiques are still running
BathroomBathroom
Bathroom

Much better than Hoa's old place
Three BritsThree Brits
Three Brits

Scootering from Hanoi to Saigon
The BeachThe Beach
The Beach

KJ and Karlie
View from HotelView from Hotel
View from Hotel

Hoa's is right down the new beach road on the right side


27th March 2014

Hello my friends...looks like fun, fun your having! I had my nails done today & was going to have my girl write for me in Vietnamese to y'all, but u have to put these little thing above letters & it would have taken forever... Did learn that sai is drunk! Funny that's the only word I know..sad news here I had to put Garfield down..he got hit by a car? josh had to sit with him..broke my heart..but the best for him! Vic has started to get very depressed & said he wasn't going to ear until they let him out...par for course, time to up meds. I know he's miserable . If u guys are sitting down..Shelby offer to back pay for hay...WHAT...of course it won't happen, but never has offered before..they have paid for all grain...that's a first. Jerry is doing great..Bree had to go to hospital, doing ok. Has it been a year yet?? I know time is flying by for you, seems like you go go go. Love your posts, waiting for the next..hugs & kisses. ?
28th March 2014

Go, Go, Go
At our age travel is too much like work and now that the hot weather is here with a vengeance things are even harder. We're heading to Cambodia on Monday for our mandatory visit to Angkor Wat. Ever see Tomb Raider? That's the place. After that we're heading to the Thai islands, a hut, a hammock and if we're lucky we'll have two weeks of sitting on our butts doing nothing. We're thinking of heading in a totally different direction and going to Northern India for some mountain views and cool breezes. Sorry about Garfield. Re: Shelby; Take it and run. Tell Vic I said Hello. There but for the grace of God....

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb