Day 45: Reflections of.....the way life used to be.....


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Da Nang
September 9th 2011
Published: October 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So we are on the move again. We are heading to Da Nang, this is where China Beach was filmed, now if like me you have no idea what this show is please click link to the theme tune --->
<----
We get the train, luckily we got 3 air conditioned, soft seats aka first class. The train was delayed so as we were waiting by the tracks Grainne noticed a toddler that had a suspicious package attached to the inside of her top with a safety pin, and her mother was very quick to cover it up when she started playing with it! She just turned a blind eye, but was thinking "drugs much?"!!!!

Train comes along and we board I sit in the seat in front of Debbie and G and pretty much fall asleep straight away (I'm getting really good at that) so Debbie and G have the two travel guides out and are sitting up planning the trip the whole way (they wont sit back in the chairs, cus they are "dirty")

So Grainne had read that the 2 and a half hour journey has the most spectacular views, so half an hour into the journey she nudges Debbie, points to the window and says "look", but Debbies like "Oh I didn't want to point that out to you!", G is like "what the view?" but as quick she notices what she is talking about! There is the biggest cockroach sitting on the curtain on the other side of the carriage...ewww! So basically for the next two hours both of them can't take their eyes of it, to make sure he didn't move! He didn't and the trip flew by for them, I was asleep the whole time none the wiser!

When we get off the train there is the usual, every taxi driver in town looking for our business! So we just head to a bar across the road to get some ice coffees. And along comes this dude Nguyen Chien who does easy rider tours. At first Debbie and I were talking in Irish trying to play dumb that we had no English but then he pulls out this "recommendation" book with people from Ireland who have written in Irish so we were like right we will let G do the talking! We read through his comment books and they all seemed to be good, but we (I absolutely refuse point blank especially after the bicycle ordeal) So some how we agree to hiring one of his drivers to drive us to our hotel stopping at a Cao Dai temple and the museum of Cham sculpture on the way and then pick us up the following morning to bring us to Hoi An and stop at a few things on the way. We knew we were being a bit ripped off but we didn't care cus it was so convenient.

We went to the temple and the museum which were cool, and then get to the hotel which is right on china beach, the room is nice but the whole resort feels like Blackpool in winter! We walked down to the beach and it is so sureal because they have music playing through loudspeakers the whole length of the beach really loudly!
Then we went to try and get dinner which was a complete disaster as there was f all open, so no where to eat! We eventually find this place that is more of a wedding venue. We go through the most disappointing menu ever and eventually pick something to order. We order and then wait....and wait...and then about 30 mins later she comes back to our table to say they dont actually have the Tuna salad that G and I ordered! So we have to make do with tasteless spring rolls and chips 😞 we would have preferred a snickers!
Then back to the hotel for our skype date with Diane and to pack again Grrrrr

Rosie x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb