Danang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Da Nang
December 14th 2010
Published: December 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well we had a good night sleep after the huge bus ride and went for breakfast. The portion was rather small compared to the feast we had at dinner. We decided to head over to marble mountain to see the statues and caves. On the way we passed tons of statue shops selling every type of statue imaginable from tiny pinky sized to massive larger than life size.

We arrived at marble mountain which is a rather large uprising in the middle of a flat city. I guess it has a large quantity of marble in it but the big tourist draw is that it has massive caves with Buddha statues carved into the rock inside them. We hiked throughout the caves and then up to the peak for the view over Danang. In total it took us only until about 12 o'clock so we made it back for the big BBQ at Hoa's hostel. It is a neat environment as all the guests at the hostel eat together for lunch and dinner. We had BBQ shrimp and chicken along with many other side dishes that were all delicious.

After lunch we headed down to the beach for some body surfing and chilling on the sand. For dinner we again had a big family dinner with all the guests. There are about 6 or 7 dishes he lays out and keeps refilling so you can eat until your full and then eat some more.

After dinner we all decided to chill at the hostel and have some drinks. There was a mix of germans, irish, english, australian and us canadians. Fun times followed and we all headed to bed at various times between 11 and 1 in the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb