Central Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Da Nang
February 2nd 2008
Published: February 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

January 28

Arrived safe and sound in Ho Chi Minh City for a one night stay and enjoyed a typical Vietnamese evening meal in a small local restaurant with the Owner / Manager of V Explorer tours, Nguyen Tan Nghia, ( our hosts for this part of our trip ). It was a very interesting dinner as we were able to try many new things that we probably wouldn't try if we went by ourselves. Delicious food with a couple of cold Tiger Beers to wash it down.

The next morning we took a short flight ( 1 hour ) to Da Nang City in Central Vietnam and were met by our new guide, a very nice local lady, Ms. Tuyet, who took us on a city tour of Da Nang City and the famous China Beach area. We enjoyed a climb up the many stairs of Marble Mountain to a large cave where a temple has been built and visited the Pagoda that is part of this site.

Following this visit we stopped in the local resort town of Hoi An and spent some time roaming around the narrow streets of the local market and visited some local historical sites before continuing on to check in to our Room at the Palm Garden Resort in Hoi An on the beach. First Class facility and beach.

We enjoyed a full day at the resort doing absolutely nothing the following day. ( Except hanging around the beach and pool. ) A much needed break from our busy schedule.

On January 31 we were picked up by our guide and drove from Hoi An / Danang to Hue. Hue was the ancient capital of Vietnam and there is a lot to see and do regarding the history, Kings Palace and Imperial City and many more interesting places to visit. We continued our exploring of Hue City and the surrounding area the following day and enjoyed our stay at La Residence Hotel a very nice colonial style hotel in the centre of Hue.

This part of Vietnam is very rich in history and we enjoyed the time spent here with our excellent and very knowledgeable guide Ms. Tuyet.

Off to Hanoi tomorrow to continue our adventure in Vietnam.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb