As Far South as I Got Back in the ‘60s (and That Was Only for Arrival and Departure) – Da Nang, Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Da Nang
January 30th 2024
Published: February 6th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Tour Day 112, Cruise Day 10 – Day at Sea



Tour Day 113, Cruise Day 11 – Da Nang (Hue), Vietnam – Tour Name: Da Nang by Rickshaw & the Cham Museum

See Da Nang as the local people do, aboard a pedal cab. An air-conditioned motor coach or minibus will whisk you to the Cham Museum, where your pedal cab awaits. Aboard this simple and somewhat noisy conveyance, you take a whirlwind tour through the city streets to see such landmarks as the Han Market, the Da Nang Cathedral and the TV Broadcasting Station en route to the Cham Museum.

Leave the pedal cab there as you step inside for a 30-minute museum sojourn. View an extraordinary collection of sandstone-sculpted items, which provide insight into the history and culture of the fascinating Cham minority people.

Your motor coach or minibus waits for the continuation of this excursion to My Khe Beach. You’ll pause for photos at the idyllic spot—a wartime recreational hangout for American GIs—that was immortalized in a television series before returning to the port.

At the Singles and Solos Meetup, several of us decided to take the shuttle into town and back again after dinner just to kill some time and to see Da Nang in the lights. The pictures were taken from a moving bus at night, and most of the pictures were scraped, but I've included a few bad photos just for the hell of it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 69, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb