Moi Ne long Drive to Wind / Kit Surfers paridise


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
November 12th 2015
Published: December 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

After meeting our jet lagged travel buddies the next day, we were picked up on time at our HCMC hotel by the Taxi Service provided by the Full Moon Village Resort where we planned to relax and acclimatize for our Mekong Delta cycling leg of the journey. The trip was mostly on a busy secondary 2 lane highway passing many rice paddies near HCMC that turned into state owned rubber tree plantations, through smaller villages and countless kilometers of road frontage house businesses with skinny houses; where the driver was constantly passing; for a white knuckle 5 hour drive to go some 280 kms. We began to relax in the last hour as the traffic eased and 4 lane highway appeared in the middle of no-ware and roadside frontage businesses and stands gave way to fishing villages and rolling tropical sand dunes.

Full Moon Village was quiet, pleasant surprise; well staffed tropical garden paradise, tidy, with a big pool and good quality restaurant with a long wide open beach with lots of surf rollers pounding the hard packed wind swept sand. Our accommodation was a spacious traditionally designed Vietnamese 2 room guest house with modern glass enclosure and kitchen with air conditioned bedrooms and private outdoor patio Jacuzzi and garden gazebo. I didn't have the energy to go to the southern Moi Ne beach to try my hand at windsurfing or surfing but was inspired after watching the better kite surfers take air for a minute at a time doing tricks just off the beach rollers ...

The coast has large sand dunes studded by pines and palm trees on the beach, further inland some dunes still building others covered in vegetation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb