Parasailers Paradise


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
January 26th 2009
Published: January 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Okay, Okay, since my last entry, I have given myself a couple of quick kicks in the behind and am now back to normal.

It has only taken us a couple of days to get into the R n R groove. You know how it goes; get up, take a walk, eat, read, swim, read and on and on. We will probably plough through a year's worth of books in 10 days. There is no TV here - this was a planned decision. We have peaked in a few resorts along the beach and both agree this is the best set up, for us anyway. Our little hut is in a great location, really close to the beach and away from the road. Thank goodness we booked nice and early because they seem to be full. There are only 35 units here, so it never feels crowded.

The white sandy beach is amazing and stretches for miles. It is perfect for sandcastle building and is gentle underfoot. It is not rocky at all and you don't need beach shoes. It is a fairly windy beach which makes it perfect for parasailers and wind surfers. They are fun to watch. Most people lay on the beach chairs to get the sun - some of them are so brown they must have been here for ages - but swim in the pools.

Ha Long Bay, Sapa and Hoi An seem like so long ago - where we really there?

Don came close to getting me on a motor bike taxi yesterday, but I couldn't quite do it! He has also threatened to write a blog entry but luckily he doesn't know the access info. I might relent and let him dictate one to me (maybe for his birthday) but I am afraid of what he might say. We will see.

There may not be a blog entry for a few days as life is quiet at the beach. There is still lots to look forward to: Saigon, the Mekong Delta and Cambodia - so stay tuned. It's a tough life! The photos can do the talking.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

PoolsidePoolside
Poolside

with their high end dining room in background


26th January 2009

OOOOHYOULUCKEYGUYS..
SEE HOW HAPPY IM FOR YOU BOTH .SO MUCH FUN,FUN,FUN,.ITS BEAUTIFULL. SOOOO ENVIOUS..
26th January 2009

Phew..yer safe
Glad to hear you are nicely settled for R and R. Enjoy. I was a bit nervous today, as I heard there was a nasty Ferry accident in Vietnam, on the radio. Love reading your blog...and the pictures are fab. Great spot. Happy reading. Helen xx
26th January 2009

Ahhhhh... paradise.
26th January 2009

Oh Diana, come on you can do it. If Luca and Riel can get on those motorbike taxis so can you. Its dead easy and best just keep your eyes closed so you cant watch. The kids absolutely loved it and wanted to go on more rides! You'll see its addicting. Good Luck! I hope Don can convince you. Its part of the asian experience you know LOL!
26th January 2009

Aloha from Maui
Hi Don and Diana: We are very much enjoying your travelblog. Thanks for including us. We look forward to reading about your latest adventure. We are having a wonderful time here on Maui. The weather is perfect so far. We are doing lots of walking and swimming, both in the ocean and pool.
27th January 2009

Trying to pluck up the courage
Grrrr - Tordes - I am considering it. Remember children have no fear - as we become older we are supposed to know better. I keep thinking 'I can't believe they took my grandchildren on those things!'
29th January 2009

motorbike taxis
Really enjoying reading about all your antics! I did quite a bit of motorbike taxi riding on Koh Samui, all that I really remember is the back of his neck, the smelly greasy hair and the grimy "white" collar!! but - it was literally the coolest form of transpart and actually quite fun. So go for it some time! Luv NiDi

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb