Hey Hey Mui Ne


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
January 20th 2008
Published: February 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Maybe these quirky titles are becoming less and less funny; kind of like the retired jokes your dad tells you multiple times. Nonetheless, we will keep the corny ones coming as best we can. And you must try for at least a pity chuckle.

Muine was a cool little beach side town. We enjoyed the relaxation time after our exhausting 2 day trek in Dalat. This city is also said to have some of the best beaches in Vietnam. Sadly, we were a bit disappointed with them. The beaches were dirty, as was the water.

It is mainly a fishing village. (infamous for its potent fishsauce) The fisherman drag their nets inland on the beach, and empty out any undesirables on the beach, little hermit crabs, sea urchins and jellyfish notably. While we were walking on the beach, we were a bit fearful of getting pinched or stung unexpectedly(great timing for ely's sandal to break). So much for long walks on the beach.

Luckily, we found a guest house for $4/ room (with a makeshift beach in the back courtyard, complete with sand, hammocks, and endless mango smoothies). At the beginning of our voyage, we were concerned with such luxuries as a fresh towel, clean bathroom, A/C, TV, the list goes on. Sadly…and embarrassingly, our requirements for a hotel room--if you want to even call it such--have also been drastically lowered. We're lucky if we have hot water.

In between books, hammocks, and pristine weather, we enjoyed fresh seafood at the family's restaurant. The seaside catch was drum fish, mixed with chili peppers, and fresh lemongrass. MMM good. It was so delicous we ate it twice a day for 3 days.

All in all, Mui Ne was a great place to relax. We really enjoyed our stay. It was great fun exploring this small beachside city on our rented bikes.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb